In conversation with Guru Sri Kiran Subramanyam.
1. A secret mantra for confidence?
Work hard, believe in yourself & trust.
2. Best advice given to you?
My teacher used to say – Only 50% of what you practise will show up on stage. So make sure you give 200% when you practise.
3. The day you fell in love with dancing?
When I watched the film Sagara Sangamam.
4. Favourite place in the entire world?
5. Most embarrassing moment?
When a colleague of mine farted next to me on stage making me forget my movements! 🙂 🙂
6. A movie/book you would recommend (dance related)?
Sagara Sangamam, Abhinaya Darpana
7. Worst pick up line used on you?
Can’t really think of anything! 🙂
8. Funniest moment while taking a class?
While teaching a number on Krishna, my student spontaneously & confidently takes a Ganesha pose! So much for being in the moment!
9. Common phrase that you use in your rehearsals?
Get into the character! Learn Dance! Don’t just learn a dance item.
10. What is the weirdest compliment you have received?
You just dance like me!
11. Favourite unhealthy food item?
12. How do you see dance develop as a career option in India?
Dance is a great career option provided you have the passion, perseverance and patience, patience, AND patience!