Tips from Guru Smt. Sandhya Kiran
- This is particularly for classical dancers- Don’t go overboard on your costumes. Less is more – always. Mix and match colours and designs those are not too jarring to the eye. Use a combination of larger and smaller pieces of jewellery to create a complete picture.
- When you find a movement or a dance pattern/choreography particularly difficult- befriend it; love it instead of detesting it or working on it with a vengeance. The results will naturally and beautifully unfold in your body.
- Groom your inner self as much as you work on your physical body. Sit in silence, read, listen to soft soothing music- anything that will draw you within. Nurture your inner personality. When inner feeling accompanies your physical dance, the fruits of your performance will be truly magical.
- Observe at least half an hour of silence before your performance. Settle into the mood, focus. Declutter your mind. The effects will surprise you.
- Your personality reflects in your dance. Whether you are conscious of it or not, your dance is a mirror of what you are in real life. So it is not enough if you work on your dance alone, work on yourself too. Become a better human being, and your dance will touch the hearts of millions.