Santosh Nair, Artistic Director of Delhi based Sadhya shares words of wisdom on the art of Choreography.
• Choreography is similar to painting-the floor is your canvas & your dance vocabulary the brush with which you create.
• When I create a piece, I explore all possibilities of body being used as a language to convey the theme & emotions.
• I am always conscience of watching my piece from the audience’s point of view.
• Movement & the concept that you are working on, should have a connect.
• Before the final product is created, the process becomes very important……understanding of the subject, discussion & analysis of different view points & interpretations, exploration of different ideas….all provide a very valuable insight. All of this enables the team involved to combine energies and proceed to give meaning to the visualization.